Q. Where is Nakina?
Nakina is located in northern Ontario in the Arctic Water Shed. It is also known as the jump off point to the North as it is at the end of the road.
Q. Why do people fish north of Nakina?
Nakina is the gateway to some of the best fishing Canada has to offer.
Q. How do we get to Nakina?
There are 3 ways to get to Nakina.
- Have your own plane?
Fly direct to the Nakina Airport and we will pick you up and transport you to the seaplane base and then the Lodge.
- EAST OF LAKE SUPERIOR
Travel to Interstate I 75 and head north to Sault Ste Marie. Cross the Border and head west on the Trans Canada Highway #17 to the town of White River. From there travel North on Highway # 631 until it reaches Highway #11. Continue West on # 11 to the town of Geraldton. Continue North on Highway # 584 which will bring you to Nakina.
- WEST OF LAKE SUPERIOR
Travel to Interstate I 35 and then North to Highway #61. Continue to the Pigeon River Border Crossing and then travel to Thunder Bay. Travel east on Highway #17 to the town of Nipigon. From there head North and East on Highway # 11 to the town of Geraldton. Travel North on Highway # 584 which will lead to Nakina.
Q. Why Brace Lake?
- Hosts: True Canadian Hospitality. We are passionate at what we do and relay the same outlook to our guests.
- Conservation: Our commitment to conservation is who we are. Proud to be among a world class fishery for generations to come.
- Accommodation: Our accommodations are second to none. Clean, comfortable, modern and well maintained.
- Ontario's premier trophy pike fly-in destination: Fly-Fishing or terminal tackle we put thousands of trophy in the boat each year.
- Service: It's what we do. Not only are we over-the-top with our customer service our meals are unparalleled in quality in a lodge setting.
- Equipment: 18 foot cedar strip boats powered by reliable Mercury 20HP or 4 stroke outboards for dependability.
- Location: Located in the Boreal Forest on the Albany Watershed. Come experience the true North! With 220 miles of shoreline, the beauty and opportunities are endless.
- Highest Repeat in the Area: We started in 2008 with some property and a dream. In a few short years we were able to grow into one of the top lodges' in Ontario. Without our valued and loyal customers it would of only been a dream.
- Price: Our pricing is in Canadian. We offer great value with no hidden's or add-on's once you arrive. The only extra's will be in our tack shop.